Vision of GSSCD
“To become a national resource center in smart cites development by developing as a point of confluence for Industry, Academia and Government and help developing policies and plans at various Governmental levels.”
Objectives of GSSCD
To achieve the vision of becoming a focal point for smart development in India, the objectives of the school are laid out into three different groups.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Smart Cities to be offered by online courses shortly. Those who have completed current online courses will get credit for PG Diploma
- Conducting short certificate courses on related topics for developing skilled staff and workforce.
- E-courses on various aspects of organization, technologies and life in smart cities.
- To become a National Resource Centre in smart cities development by developing as a point of confluence for Industry, Academia and Government and help developing policies and plans at various Governmental levels
- To conduct research through sensor lab on development on smart cities. Our present sensor lab will be augmented with support from global experts such as IBM/CISCO. This full-fledged lab will be available for research to GTU Faculties and students, smart city municipal corporations and academia in India and abroad.
- To work with universities and research institutions across the globe to develop innovative technologies.
- To conduct research on the requirements of the Indian cities & citizens and help determine the best of technologies being used across the world in Indian context in collaboration with GSSCD Research Partners.
- To develop strategies for development, which enhances cultural strength of our diverse society in the area, where the smart city is located.
Consulting & Advisory
- Organizing Seminars / workshops /symposium in India.
- Capacity building and training by training municipal engineers and managers, government officers and industrial workers, required for smart cities.
- Advisory functions to government and industry.
- Techno management consultancy